Statement of Beliefs
We believe that Jesus is whom He says he is, exactly God. We believe we are branches on the Vine. We believe that exactly Jesus lives through us as His life is expressed by His Holy Spirit. We believe that apart from Him we can do nothing. We believe that the Beatitudes are not reflective of a standard, but detail the salient characteristics the person of Christ. We believe that we are not to work for what we already possess, and that we have been given everything pertaining to life and godliness. We believe that a Christian does not have a behavior problem when caught up in failure but a belief problem. We believe that God is true though every man be the liar. We believe that we cannot have fellowship around what we believe, but only around the One in whom we trust. We believe that power is perfected in weakness. We believe that He permits what He could prevent. We believe there are things learned in suffering that cannot be learned in comfort. We believe that to share in the power of the resurrection, there must be the fellowship of suffering. We believe that Jesus is the Word of God. We believe that doctrine has no power, that perfect doctrine will not produce a perfect life; we believe that Jesus is the perfect life. We believe that Jesus is the Way and every other way is not the Way. We believe that Jesus is the glue holding all things together, and therefore His commands are not imposed upon man but written into the very nature of man. We believe truth is not preached but demonstrated. We believe that grace is free but truth is purchased, and that if one does not believe the things of God, they will have to be proven in him. We believe that the normal Christian’s growth involves being offended until he cannot be offended. We believe that the coming of Jesus was never the Father’s Plan B, but He was the Slain Lamb from the foundations of the world. We believe that this fallen body and this fallen world are the perfect place for the child of God to be birthed, that the purpose of life on earth is for the believer to be made safe for heaven. We believe that God is not fighting Satan but using him. We believe that the greatness of faith is not determined by how much one receives, but by how long one can go and receive nothing. We believe that God doesn’t cause all things but will cause all things to work together for the good of those who love Him. We believe that God is for us, so who can be against us? We believe that victory is a moment-by-moment gift that comes from abiding in Christ. We believe that God has permitted the perfect circumstances for every believer to have the best opportunity at coming into a deeper revelation of Christ within him. We believe that no Christian has spiritual privilege over another, that God shows no partiality. We believe that the child of God is born again from above and not from within through the efforts of man. We believe that we can be one with Jesus as He was one with the Father. We believe that God loves us.
Disclaimer: None of above mentioned will happen if Jesus Christ does not show up. As one missionary said, “If you want to continue to grow in Christ, continue to put yourself in situations wherein if He doesn’t show up, you are helpless.” We have done exactly that. We show up in the full faith and assurance that He will show up. In our humility (emptiness) we are trusting that He will teach us the living TRUTH. To that end, pray with us.
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Work of God. (II Timothy 3:15, II Peter 1:21)
2. We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30)
3. We believe in the deity of Christ: (John 10:33); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, Hebrews 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death (I Corinthians 15:4); His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11).
4. We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; and that men are justified on the singe ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved. (John 3:16-19, John 5:24, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8-9, Ephesians 2:8-10, Titus 3:5)
5. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; that they are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:28-29)
6. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans 8:9, I Corinthians 12:12-13, Galatians 3:26-28)
7. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (Romans 8:13-14, I Corinthians 3:16, I Corinthians 6:19-20, Ephesians 4:30, 5:18)